Thousands have been devastated by the malicious CryptoLocker virus.
How it works: The CryptoLocker virus is a new form of "Ransomware" that is particularly
malicious because infected users are in danger of losing their personal files, forever.
The virus will disguise itself as an attachment (JPEG, PDF, .zip, or MS Office file); purporting to be from a major company like Xerox. In reality, it is really a phishing email. For example, it will look like UPS is sending tracking information, or Bank of America is confirming a wire transfer or transaction.
Here are some key tips to protect your home PCs from this malicious virus:
- Update your system with quality antivirus software.
- A good data backup is a must. Consider cloud-based backup solutions, which are advisable for business professionals and consumers alike.
- Make sure all your security patches and fixes are applied to your backup.
We take a multi-layered, proactive approach to managed IT services:
- Preventative Maintenance - Our client's machines (servers and workstations) remain up-to-date with the latest patches and security fixes from Microsoft.
- Enterprise-Class Protection - Our team stays up-to-date on the latest threats, with centrally managed, enterprise class firewalls and real-time, Antivirus gateways.
- Desktop Lockdown - We prevent unauthorized executables like Cryptolocker from running on client machines with our lockdown technology.
- Managed Backup - Connections uses managed backup solutions like DataSafe, with multi-week archiving.
Call us today at (954) 920-9604, X526.
If you know of any of your peers, clients or vendors who are concerned about irreparable data loss and security,
email Jon Garber